Runners share a special bond and sometimes have traits, habits, or idiosyncrasies that only other runners understands. You may be able to relate to or appreciate some of these descriptions.
- You could throw away your t-shirt at the end of the day and still go an entire year without having to buy a new one
- You could watch a whole marathon and not be bored
- You get excited about being older because if the extra time you get in Boston.
- Running cloths are your primary wardrobe selection
- You think nothing of spending $100 on a pair of running shoes but buy your dress shoes from the clearance rack
- Your running gear is always neatly organized yet you can’t ever find your regular cloths
- You live in the United States and actually know how far a kilometer is
- You’ve had your running shoes for three months and know exactly when it is time to get a new pair. But have to look at the reminder sticker on your car when your next oil change should be done
- You know how to correctly say and spell plantar fasciitis
- You can say “I’m just running an easy 6 miles today” and really mean it
- You know where your illiotibial band is located
- You’re always hungry
- You forget how to put on a bra with hooks, and you have running bras in more colors and styles than regular bras
- You have run in public with nothing on top but a jog bra
- You have running cloths and an extra pair of running shoes in your car “just in case”
- You pack more running cloths than bathing suits when going on a beach vacation
If you have any to add please send then to me.